Michael Davidson has extensive experience providing technical assistance in board governance both as a trainer and workshop leader for Executive Directors and board members and as a consultant and coach for nonprofit boards.
His experience includes:
- Lead trainer and curriculum designer for the United Way Linkages program, introducing more than 300 young professionals to the skills needed to fulfill the responsibilities of board members
- Chair of Governance Matters providing leadership for panels, conferences and research projects designed to advance the sectors understanding of effective board governance and leadership
- Invited speaker on current trends in board governance for numerous organizations, including bar associations, fundraising professionals and nonprofit professionals
- Lead Governance Trainer for the Support Center for Nonprofit Management
- Member of the review panel for the New York Times Awards of Excellence
- Consultant to more than 50 nonprofit organizations assisting in governance reform, recruitment planning, executive director transition, executive director evaluation, board assessment, fundraising, strategic planning, etc.